Drag Chain Conveyor is ideal for moving products that wouldn’t normally convey on rollers, such as pallets oriented the “hard-way”, automotive frames, steel tubes, etc. It’s also a great solution for heavier loads. Further, drag chain conveyors provide versatility in production lines because they can easily be integrated into systems with chain driven live roller (CDLR) and chain transfers. Their rugged design is suitable for harsh environments due to the low number of moving components and limited amount of maintenance required.
CHAIN CENTERS: 15″ to 60″
NUMBER of STRANDS: 2, 3, 4
LENGTH: 48″ to 600″
BEGINNING HEIGHT ELEVATION: 12″ to 60″
ENDING HEIGHT ELEVATION: 12″ to 60″
CONVEYOR CHAIN: Standard C60 chain guided by UHMW track. Optional steel track, chain attachments or non-marring chain or pads.
DRIVE LOCATION: Standard drive is an End drive mounted between strands: left or right. Optional drive is an End drive mounted on side, right or left or Center drive mounted between strands, right or left.
MOTOR: 3/4 HP through 3 HP. Energy efficient and inverter duty motors also available. Voltages include 120/1/60, 230/3/60, 460/3/60 and 575/3/60 & DC Voltage.
CHAIN SPEED: Available in fixed speeds from 10 – 60 FPM (feet per minute). Reverse capability optional.
CONVEYOR COLOR: Powder coated blue (RAL 5017). All guarding is yellow (RAL 1023) and moving parts are bright red orange( RAL 2008). Click HERE to see other standard color options. Custom colors also available.
Conveyor Control Options:
- Variable Speed Controller
- Combination motor starter with disconnect, fixed speed
- Combination motor starter with disconnect, variable speed
- PLC (programmable logic controller) with HMI (human machine interface)
- No controls (provided by others)
- Photo eye sensor(s)
- Emergency Stop button(s)
|HP Requirement Based on 3-Strands|
|HP||LOAD CAPACITY @ 60 FPM (LBS) 20FT LENGTH CONVEYOR|
|HP||LOAD CAPACITY @ 30 FPM (LBS) 20FT LENGTH CONVEYOR|
|MAXIMUM UNIT LOAD PER PALLET IS 3000 LBS – NOT TO EXCEED CAPACITY ABOVE|
- Filler plates between strands
- No floor supports
- 5″ formed channel jack bolt supports, adjustable 1″ to 2″ (model SPJ5)
- Supports can be provided with optional adjustable top plate for conveyors on an incline or decline
- Floor supports can be provided on 5′ or 10′ centers. It is recommended that conveyors wider than 32″ have supports on 5′ centers. It is also recommended that conveyors with height elevations above 35″ use knee braces (model KB18)
- 3/8″ thick flat bar x 2″ to 4″ high with +/-6″ width adjustment
- Bolts on one or both sides of conveyor frame
- See drawing for further details